For experts in the fire safety industry, this event would be a catalyst for significant improvements to fire safety technology and awareness. Amongst numerous innovations from the last 50 years was the widespread installation of fire alarm pull-stations, which are designed to notify both the fire department and building occupants of danger. Without a doubt, fire pull-stations have saved many lives since the tragedy at Our Lady of the Angels School.
BluePoint Alert Systems: Designed to Save Lives
With the unfortunate rise in armed intruder incidents, the founders of BluePoint can't help but sense striking similarities between these events and the fire-related threats of yesteryear. Like fire alarm systems, BluePoint's solution includes:
- Familiar blue pull-stations located throughout the building, for rapid initiation
- Immediate notification to local police
- Building-wide audible and visual alerts to all occupants
Unique features that enhance a BluePoint system beyond the typical Fire Alarm system include:
- Wearable mobile devices to activate the system from anywhere within or immediately outside the building
- Exterior strobe lights to warn people outside the building
- Automated text and email notifications to notify administration or others of an incident
Let a BluePoint Alert Solution help protect you from intruder threats like your fire alarm system protects you from fire. Contact us today for a free consultation and quote that fits your school's needs.